Cupcake Aficiando and Writer of Middle Grade Novels
Friday, April 23, 2010
THINGS FOR THURSDAY ... even though today is friday
1. Remember last year when I was in charge of the school carnival and almost lost my mind building international food booths? In appreciation, the PTO gave me a $50 gift card to a really nice restaurant. Hubby and I have been waiting for a special occasion (ie, when we don't have The Boy) to use it. Tuesday, I found out the restaurant closed. Lesson learned: Sieze the day!
2. This is The Boy doing his Living Legends piece. Each kid was given a famous person to research. Then they did a power point presentation, dressed up as that person, for the parents. The Boy was Mark Twain. He was so calm and composed in front of all those people. That gene must have come from his dad.
3. Tuesday was pretty crappy. In addition to finding out the restaurant closed (see #1) I received a rejection on my latest ms -- one I've been waiting on and hopful about for three months. Then my computer crashed. I almost ran out of gas and was late for tennis. The Boy and I went to the movies and were caught in a terrible downpour. Then lightning hit the movie theater and stopped the movie. #goaway,tuesday!
4. But Wednesday was good. I got my computer back, all fixed up, with more RAM, less malware and no evil virus. I also received a request for a partial on the same ms I got the rejection for on Tuesday. The rejection actually had some great feedback, so I wondered what to do about the partial request. Should I send in the ms as it was and hope for the best? Or make the revisions first, which could take months. I contacted the agent, gave her the situation and she was wonderfully understanding. She's happy to wait for the revised edition. Lesson learned: Communication is best, whatever the situation.
5. This weekend: measuring a house, dinner with friends and starting work on a new chair. What's on your agenda?