Sunday, August 23, 2009

"Lots of Info" 1,2,3


First, I'm rerunning my fundraiser for 826 Valencia. Same fundraiser, sparkly new details.



**Like last time, for every new follower who signs up between now and Friday, I'll donate $1 to 826 Valencia (up to $60--which added to the $40 before will make...you can do it! C'mon, school's just around the corner!!) Just click the 'follow' button to the right above my list of followers (wonderful people, them.)



**AND (here's the sparkle) every new follower will be entered in a drawing to win a $25 gift certificate to Restaurant.com.



**Also, for my current followers...('cause the peeps need sparkle too!) Post a link to my contest on your blog and I'll enter your name in a drawing for another $25 gift certificate to Restaurant.com. Check your zip code at the website to see which restaurants near you participate. There are almost 30 in Boise. Some of them even serve things other than potatoes.



A bit of background for those who don't know, 826 Valencia is an organization devoted to helping children learn and embrace the fine art of creative writing. For more info--see their website or my original post on them.



Second, a CORRECTION! I listed the wrong evening in my Friday Favorite for #kidlitchat. The wonderful event happens on TUESDAY nights!! Be sure to join in tomorrow evening, 9pm eastern time. I know it's hard to believe I made a mistake. The last time that happened was last night, when I went to the grocery store for milk and came home with $47 worth of stuff, but no milk. My tea is so sad this morning.

AGAIN, #kidlitchat is TUESDAY NIGHT--not Wednesday.

Third, the books I won at #kidlitchat last week arrived on Saturday. I got Goddess Boot Camp, by Tera Lynn Childs (which looks so good, I might have to go buy the first book in the series to read before this one) and Secret Society by Tom Dolby. Do you think it's the same Thomas Dolby who sang Blinded Me with Science? If so, I wonder if he put that song on the book's play list. Book play lists were also hotly discussed at #kidlitchat.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this fundraiser! 826 Valencia sounds wonderful from what you've told us. I am going to try to post a link from my blog sometime this week because I think your money :) is going to an excellent cause. So happy you're doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!! Must remember to post this link on Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cause, so I joined. Looking forward to getting to know you through your blog posts, Amy!

    ReplyDelete